The Business Etiquette course is intended for people who have direct customer contact as part of their work, as well as employees of educational institutes and vocational schools. Be confident knowing that you are behaving appropriately in social situations.
Training is given in modern etiquette. The theoretical content is put into practice during an aperitif or dinner.
Your employees are more self-assured and self-confident. This improves customer contact and strengthens business relations.
This course is intended for companies whose employees have direct customer contact, as well as for educational establishments and vocational schools.
When structuring the course, we wish to take account of your individual needs and so offer the following options:
- Customised combinations of modules in line with your company requirements
- Business Etiquette seminars comprising set modules for individual applications
Module 1: Manners today
An introduction to manners today:
- Where do they come from?
- What is still valid and what is now considered old-fashioned?
- Who decides?
Ensuring the kind of positive first impression that can lay a sound foundation for successful business relations
Module 2: Body language – non-verbal communication
Introduction to body language
- Perception and interpretation
- Non-verbal communication and its constituent parts
- What to pay attention to in dealings with others
- Eye language
- Eye contact
- Poise and foot positions
- Facial expressions
- Seating posture at meetings and other work-related events
- Voice and intonation
- Respecting personal space
Module 3: How to invite/entertain successfully, and what small gifts to offer and bring
- What should a business invitation say (and what should it not say)?
- Getting the form and the tone of the invitation right
- Official dress codes on invitations
- Letters of thanks
- Ways of saying thank you: spoken and written
- Using modern media: mobile phones, text messages, e-mail
Module 4: Business dress code
- Business dress
- Tips on good business dress and appearance for women and men
- Combining colours
- Patterns and fabrics
- Shoes and socks
- Shirts and ties
- Jewellery and accessories
Module 5: Confidence in social situations
- Welcomes and introductions
- Who should greet whom?
- How to introduce people to each other correctly
- How do I introduce myself correctly at an event, do I have to introduce myself to everyone present?
- Using the familiar forms (e.g. “tu” and “Du”) in languages that have them
- Business cards
- Good discussion topics
- Making first contacts
- The roles of the sexes: businesswomen today
Module 6: International manners
- This module looks at the main differences for the following regions:
- Arab countries
- Jewish societies
- The Far East – China, Japan and India
- North America
- South America
- Further countries can be focused on upon request
Module 7: Table manners and etiquette
- Table manners
- Choosing food and wines
- An additional session on wines can also be provided on request: as part of a practical wine tasting, we focus on imparting knowledge of wines for business and private events. You receive information about the following topics:
- Wine recommendations
- Faulty wines
- Geography of wine
- Which glass for which wine
Module 8: Practice makes perfect
- Aperitifs and dinner as practical exercise
- Video training can be used to provide instruction for the following situations:
- Small talk
- Initial contact
- Introducing oneself and welcoming others
- Looking after guests
- This module needs to be held at an appropriate location, such as a staff restaurant with a separate section, a public restaurant with a separate section, a hotel or a conference facility that can offer catering services
The course can be combined with or supplemented by the module ‹‹Appearance and Behaviour – Personal Presentation›› or with other modules.
Venue and Duration
Ideally, we provide training in a hotel or restaurant with seminar room in your vicinity. It is also possible to use a staff restaurant or – without the practical component – a standard seminar room. The duration depends on the required content.
Swiss AviationTraining is now
Lufthansa Aviation Training
All services will continue to be scheduled and carried out by us as usual until further notice. As such, training services can still be booked through your usual contact