First aid and medical training
First aid and medical training
Swiss AviationTraining offers first-aid and resuscitation courses for companies, institutions and private individuals, along with modular medical training that can be specifically tailored to particular customer needs. All the training concerned is intended to ensure that you and your people can act swiftly and correctly in a medical emergency and help save lives.
Our experienced and practically-minded instructors can draw on both medical training (as qualified nurses) and methodological and didactic qualifications (to at least SVEB 1 level), as well as many years of training experience.
- The full course in BLS-AED (basic life support* and automated external defibrillation)
- Individual modular medical training.
Our Full Course in BLS-AED, which has been certificated by the Swiss Resuscitation Council (SRC), offers extensive practical instruction in the correct resuscitation techniques and procedures. The course also puts particular focuses on recognizing a medical emergency, on how to correctly perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on restoring respiration and on how to use an automated external defibrillator or AED.
The training offered covers situations with both one and two responders. Special care is taken to communicate background expertise, to enhance understanding; and target-group-specific exercises are also provided to facilitate practical application. All participants who complete the course are awarded an SRC-approved BLS-AED certificate.
- basic skills: initial assessment, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), using an AED analogue SRC guidelines on adults, children and infants
- the chain of survival, calling for help and ensuring one’s own safety when assisting
- legal considerations: liability if help is not given
- assessing the situation and solving problems in various emergency scenarios
- recognize unconsciousness: recovery position
- stroke and heart attack symptoms and first aid
- case scenarios of increasing complexity.
- to correctly perform resuscitation measures including defibrillation (BLS-AED) on children and adults while paying due and full regard to one’s own safety
- to be familiar with the phone numbers of the Swiss and European emergency services, activating the chain of survival
- to better understand one’s own motivation to help.
- to identify unconsciousness and place the patient in the correct position
- to identify the typical symptoms of cardiac arrest, myocardial infarction (heart attack) and stroke
- to correctly administer first aid on patient in various medical emergencies
The content of this course can be individually tailored to your workplace and/or your everyday needs. The training can be conducted in German or English, and in our training facilities or on your premises. The course length will be determined by the content desired.
Possible training topics include:
- basic and refresher SRC-certificated BLS-AED courses
- anatomy/physiology and pathophysiology
- medical emergencies at the workplace: theory and practical exercises
- travel medicine: tropical diseases, sleep, jet lag, fatigue
- identifying various symptoms and adequately administering first aid.
Swiss AviationTraining is now
Lufthansa Aviation Training
All services will continue to be scheduled and carried out by us as usual until further notice. As such, training services can still be booked through your usual contact