EASA Regulations require commercial pilots to have entered the level und validity of the language proficiency in their license. The English Language Proficiency Test can provide a revalidation efficiently during a regular simulator session (Training or LPC/OPC). Our FOCA/CAA approved Language Assessors can revalidate up to Level 4.
Language Proficiency Tests are done according established guidelines from the BAZL/FOCA and are fully ICAO compliant. Please check with your Civil Aviation Authority CAA whether such test is approved.
- Part 1: Speaking Ability
This part takes approximately 15 minutes and is administered before the simulator session in the briefing room.
- Part 2: Listening & Comprehension
This is done as part of the simulator session.
Revalidation of the pilot’s English Language Proficiency (Level 4)
Any Pilot who needs to revalidate the language proficiency
- English Language Proficiency expired not more than 3 years.
- An expired Language Proficiency of more than 3 years must be done in a ‘Test Center’.
Examinations & Approvals
No Certificate is issued. Language Proficiency is entered in license (was not always the case under JAR, now with EASA it’s a must to have Level and validity entered in the license.)
- Speaking ability, 15 minutes
- Listening & Comprehension is part of a simulator session
- The Simulator Instructor resp. Examiner must be an approved Language Assessor.
- Level 5 & 6 checks can only be done in a test center.
- Foreign candidates: please check if a Language Proficiency Test administered by a Swiss Language assessor is valid in your country!
Swiss AviationTraining is now
Lufthansa Aviation Training
All services will continue to be scheduled and carried out by us as usual until further notice. As such, training services can still be booked through your usual contact