Type rating renewal
Type rating renewal
Changes in career and job positions are often reasons that require the renewal of an expired type rating. To pass a proficiency check and to safely operate the relevant type again, knowledge and skills need to be refreshed. Experienced instructors and our proven and flexible training program ensure to gain the necessary proficiency efficiently. After the course the pilots will be able again to safely operate the aeroplane in all flight phases.
- Licence with type rating that is not expired by more than three years
- Instrument rating
- Valid language proficiency unless revalidated during the course
- Valid class 1 medical certificate
The objective of the course is to reach the level of proficiency necessary to safely operate the type of aeroplane in all flight phases and to meet or exceed the requirements/standards defined in applicable regulations.
- FCL.740 Validity and renewal of class and type ratings
- AMC1 FCL.740(b)(1) Validity and renewal of class and type ratings
The course content is divided into a ground- and a flight phase.
The Ground Phase consists of studying
- Aeroplane systems
- Flight planning
- Mass & balance
- Standard operating procedures
- Abnormal/Emergency procedures
Learning tools include E-Learning and aircraft documentation.
Training in the full-flight simulator includes an individual training programme that is based on the initial training for the issue of the rating and focuses on the needs of the applicant.
- 6 days if type rating is expired more than 3 months but less than 1 year
- 7 days if type rating is expired more than one year but less than 3 years
Please note our course "Type rating revalidation" if the rating is expired less than 3 months.
Swiss AviationTraining is now
Lufthansa Aviation Training
All services will continue to be scheduled and carried out by us as usual until further notice. As such, training services can still be booked through your usual contact